Historic Gansevoort Market

In 1884, The Gansevoort “Farmers” Market named after Revolutionary War figure Peter Gansevoort, opened the first open-air produce market for buying and selling regional produce on the site of the former Fort Gansevoort location. In 1887, meat, poultry and dairy products were added and the market was relocated to what is currently Gansevoort Street and renamed the Gansevoort Market.

The Market created a bustling and lively scene, Harper’s Weekly described the spectacle in 1888: “During the dark hours of early morning, as hundreds of wagons of all descriptions converge upon the market, pandemonium reigns as traffic chokes the thoroughfares for blocks around.”

Today’s Market >

Open 8am-8pm daily | (646) 678-3231
353 W. 14th St, NYC, NY 10014
MAP / FLOOR PLAN
©2017 Gansevoort Market. Website Design by StarNYC.com